none
How to Get Movement Speed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I want to know the speed of a movement, say right hand. How can I do this? I thought about getting the start and the end position of the movement but ı don't know how to that.
    • Edited by Furkanzmc Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:57 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:31 PM

Answers

• In each skeleton frame, store the position and the DateTime in some form of list. You can find speed in m/s by finding the 3d distance between points SQRT(POW(x, 2)+POW(y, 2)+POW(z, 2)) and the difference between the 2 datetimes.

• Marked as answer by Furkanzmc Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:47 PM

All replies

• In each skeleton frame, store the position and the DateTime in some form of list. You can find speed in m/s by finding the 3d distance between points SQRT(POW(x, 2)+POW(y, 2)+POW(z, 2)) and the difference between the 2 datetimes.

• Marked as answer by Furkanzmc Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Hello. I want to know the speed of a movement, say right hand. How can I do this? I thought about getting the start and the end position of the movement but ı don't know how to that.

Hi Furkanzmc,

Could you please share me further about the points you used to get movement speed? I am also working on it and trying to get speed about tracked person (moving leg or hand).

Your kindly sharing will be appreciated.

:)

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Hi tcqwerty,

Can I understand your points like this: calculate the distance between frames, I mean, frame i and frame i+1, to see the difference? I am doing it roughly like this. But I think the velocity estimation is not that accurate, is it?

Friday, June 8, 2012 2:09 AM