Exporting image in Design RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've tried exporting an image that I've created in Design, but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to do. When I export the image as a Resource, and as a Document, I lose all my layers and I don't know what Geometry Drawing goes with what. When I do it with Layers, I get layers, but now they're all layers, and I can't use it as a single image.
    What I'm trying to do is this. My image has a head, arms, body, etc layers. I add the image to my project and when I click on a certain button, it makes the right arm raise, and if I click another button, it makes the left arm raise.
    How do you guys export images or rather how would you guys achieve what I'm trying to do.
    Thanks.
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:18 PM

All replies

• It sounds like viewboxes would work well for your circumstances This could be accomplished by grouping objects. For example, you might select all of the objects that make up the right arm and group them (Arrange > Group on the menu bar). Do this for all the items you want to manipulate in Blend, like the head, body, etc.

After you've done this, export your document and choose WPF Canvas as the format type (Choose Whole Document in the Items to Export section and XAML WPF Canvas in the Export Properties/Format box. I'm assuming you're using the Design 2 beta version; the setting will be a little different in Design 1.)

Next, bring your XAML document into Blend; I assume you know how to do this.) Each item you grouped in Design will now be available to prgramming as individual objects (Viewbox objects) in Blend.

Is this what you're wanting to do?

Annie
    Monday, March 24, 2008 2:29 AM