none
Custom domain not appearing

Question

• I am trying to assign a custom hostname to my App Service.

I can verify the domain, and I get a message saying "Add Successful".

However, my custom domain is not appearing in the list of "HOSTNAMES ASSIGNED TO SITE".

I AM FOLLOWING STEPS HERE:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-web-tutorial-custom-domain

Which says "It might take some time for the new hostname to be reflected in the app's Custom domains page.", but it's been 15 hours now and it's still not shown up.

Help.

Validate Successful

Add Successful

Not in list

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:01 PM

Answers

• If custom domain name not showing up in the portal, it might take some time (up to 48 hours depends on the DNS providers) for the new hostname to be reflected in the app's Custom domains page. Try refreshing the browser to update the data. You may also sign out and re-login to the Azure Portal and then try.

You can use a service such as http://www.digwebinterface.com/ to verify that the CNAME is available.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:56 PM

All replies

• If custom domain name not showing up in the portal, it might take some time (up to 48 hours depends on the DNS providers) for the new hostname to be reflected in the app's Custom domains page. Try refreshing the browser to update the data. You may also sign out and re-login to the Azure Portal and then try.

You can use a service such as http://www.digwebinterface.com/ to verify that the CNAME is available.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:56 PM
  • Thanks Ashok - your answer about logging out got me to my final solution - I solved it in the end by purging my local browser cache!!

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:45 PM
  • You are welcome! Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:18 PM
  • I have same issue - and I think it is Azure bug. 
    I waited for few days, cleaned browser cache, logged off/logged in/ restarted computer, prayed   - nothing helped.

At the end I ended up to delete Webapp, created new one, deployed and then custom domain was added no problem.

For sure Azure issue.!

You guys instead of giving kind of "useful" advises better debug your system, especially when you have users who are willing to help you in debugging. 

Friday, November 23, 2018 3:27 PM
  • Yep. It's a bug.

I think it happens if the A record has not propagated to the DNS Server for (some azure admin/portal server somewhere) before you attempt to add the custom domain.

As Vitaliy says, wait for propagation (an hour?) and then delete/recreate your web app.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:53 PM