none
Fail: Value of "VersionMax" value must be null RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are receiving strange error from Work with Tool:

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: =============================================================

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: Results for test case 1.2

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: =============================================================

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: Setup package name: \\srv\Helicon\v33\ISAPI_Rewrite3_0033_x64.msi

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: List of MSI Errors:

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: Table name: Upgrade

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: Expected : Value of "VersionMax" value must be null | Actual : 3.1.0033

11/30/2007 2:28:43 AM :: End of results for test case 1.2

Our installation package include upgrade from older versions, so there is a record in Upgrade table. But how VersionMax value could be null? This must be some error in test tool?

We are trying to complete tests with Work with Tool I have downloaded 3 days ago, guess it's most current version.

Friday, November 30, 2007 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hello Slov

Thanks for reporting this issue.

You are correct. VersionMax  value can be null. The tool is reporting this incorrectly in the current version.

For Certified For Windows Logo program and the Works with Windows programs, below are the requirements relating to MSI configuration:

VersionMin must not be null and it has to be a valid product version

VersionMax may be null or empty or another valid product version

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

PS: Next week we expect to post an updated version of the Works with Tool with additional useful features and a fix for this test. Please stay tuned. However, you may continue with your tests with the current version and submit them for validation. If you are interested in using the latest version of the tool you may send your request to me via wslogofb@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Slov

Thanks for reporting this issue.

You are correct. VersionMax  value can be null. The tool is reporting this incorrectly in the current version.

For Certified For Windows Logo program and the Works with Windows programs, below are the requirements relating to MSI configuration:

VersionMin must not be null and it has to be a valid product version

VersionMax may be null or empty or another valid product version

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

PS: Next week we expect to post an updated version of the Works with Tool with additional useful features and a fix for this test. Please stay tuned. However, you may continue with your tests with the current version and submit them for validation. If you are interested in using the latest version of the tool you may send your request to me via wslogofb@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:24 AM
  • Hi guys,

I just came across the latest Microsoft Certified for Windows Server 2008 Application Test Framework, and under TC 2.10.1: Verify Package Identity is correctly configured, which has been revised on Dec 19th 2007, stating that my installer will only pass this test case if VersionMax is NOT NULL

So, we need this to be NULL? NOT NULL? or MAY BE NULL?

And what I can do about it if mine is now NULL?

Please advise

Thanks!
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

The last document I see is Version 01.10, January 07, 2008. Here the following is mentioned below TC2.10.1 verification.

Pass this test case if VersionMin and VersionMax are not both null.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:31 PM
  •  

Hi All,

I wanted to state that Amivata is correct here.

I also wanted to mention that MSDN and the Logo Program are now in sync:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372379(VS.85).aspx

Thanks,

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:32 AM