none
VS Community 2015 and Target Platform Version

Question

• Beginner using VS Community 2015 with Win 10 OS .. modified VS Community to include Win 10 SDK .. all working but for every project created (learning C/C++ so creating lots of small practice projects) I have to go Configuration Mgr and reset the 

Target Platform Version to 10 .. always initially opens with Platform Version 8.1 and will not compile and recieve MSB8036 error stating it cannot find Win SKD 8.1 ... reset to Platform Version: 10 and no problem so question is how to set Configuration Application screen to default to Version: 10 eliminating need to reset constantly .. admit beginner and probably easy fix but I haven't found yet 

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi jog 1418,

I’ve tried hard to get the target platform version to a default one. But unfortunately, it seems that there is no this kind of setting to meet our requirement at present. I’m afraid you may have to set the target platform version manually.

Thanks for your understanding. And have a good time in leaning C.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jog1418 Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:18 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:42 AM