Is there any way to script server administrators ?(SSAS 2012 Tabular Mode) RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to script server administrators ?(SSAS 2012 Tabular Mode)

I looked into SSAS DMV's but I did not see security information.

Thank you

Gokhan Varol

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Gokhan,

I'm curious that you want to get the Server Administrator information. Could you please elaborate your requirement with more detail?

In SSAS, members of the Server administrator role within an instance of Analysis Services have unrestricted access to all Analysis Services objects and data in that instance. A user must be a member of the Server administrator role to perform any server-wide task, such as creating or processing a database, modifying server properties, or launching a trace (other than for processing events). We can manage server roles by using Analysis Management Objects (AMO). For more information, see Developing with Analysis Management Objects (AMO).

Analysis Services Dynamic Management Views (DMV) are query structures that expose information about local server operations and server health. In addition, we must have system administrator permissions on the Analysis Services instance to query a DMV. For more information, please see:

Use Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) to Monitor Analysis Services: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230820.aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, August 26, 2013 4:42 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 5:59 AM