none
VS Code - How to run async task

Question

• Hello,

I am new in Visual Studio Code and not able to run async task. I would have liked

running the first and the second tasks at the same time but it does not work.

VS Code tells me :

"There is an active running task right now. Terminate it first before executing anot..."

here is the code

{ "version": "0.1.0", "command": "cmd", "args": ["/c"], "showOutput": "never", "suppressTaskName": true, "tasks": [ { "taskName": "vsPic", "args": ["C:\\Users\\bin\\Debug\\vsPic.exe"] }, { "taskName": "vsTxt", "args": ["C:\\Users\\bin\\Debug\\vsTxt.exe"] ] }

Is there any way of running async task?

Have a good day

• Edited by WhyDi Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

We can't run multiple tasks at the same time right now. That's a limitation.

See this issue which is work in progress here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/15179

In "Current Limitations" part, the first explicitly says that we can only run a single task at a time right now.

Please help mark any reply as answer if it could help resolve your doubts, which could benefit for al community members who are facing similar issues. Thanks for your understandings and supports.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by WhyDi Saturday, February 04, 2017 3:19 PM
    Thursday, February 02, 2017 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

We can't run multiple tasks at the same time right now. That's a limitation.

See this issue which is work in progress here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/15179

In "Current Limitations" part, the first explicitly says that we can only run a single task at a time right now.

Please help mark any reply as answer if it could help resolve your doubts, which could benefit for al community members who are facing similar issues. Thanks for your understandings and supports.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by WhyDi Saturday, February 04, 2017 3:19 PM
    Thursday, February 02, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much. I understand the limitation. It was simply a matter of comfort not a need as I can easily run any pinned to start application.

VS Code is so great tool in conjunction with Visual Studio that I would like they do everything!

Have a good week-end

WhyDi

Saturday, February 04, 2017 3:19 PM