none
No valid adapters installed on the machine. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, Mine is 64-bit and i am using bt2010,vs2010 n sql 2008r2 i installed lob adapter pack still i am getting error in ADD GENRATED ITEMS.. can some some one tell me y i am gettinmg this...
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you gone through all steps when installing adapter pack? Have you checked if bindings are registered in machine.config (x86 and x64)? If bindings have failed to register, you need to do it manually. It is described in the installation manual of Adapter Pack (See documentation i.e. installation guide section register bindings).

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

Ordina ICT B.V. | MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 6:13 PM
  • i checked evrything..when i try to do following..i am struck at finding public key..because i couldnt see my sql adapter in C:\WINDOWS\assembly.

To register the bindings
    1. Navigate to the machine.config file on the computer. For example, on a 32-bit platform, the machine.config is available under <system drive>:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\CONFIG.

• For Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, <version> is the version v2.0.50727 of the .NET Framework.

• For Microsoft .NET Framework 4, <version> is the version v4.0.30319 of the .NET Framework.

2. Open the file using a text editor.

3. To register the adapter bindings:

1. Search for the element "system.serviceModel" and add the following under it:

<client>
          <endpoint binding="sqlBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" name="mssql" />
        </client>
      2. Search for the element "bindingElementExtensions" under system.serviceModel\extensions.

3. Add the following section under the "bindingElementExtensions" node.

For the SQL adapter, add:

<add name="sqlAdapter" type="Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterBindingElementExtensionElement,Microsoft.Adapters.Sql, Version=<version>, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<public key>" />
      4. Search for the element "bindingExtensions" under system.serviceModel\extensions.

5. Add the following section under the "bindingExtensions" node.

For SQL adapter, add:

<add name="sqlBinding" type="Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterBindingCollectionElement,Microsoft.Adapters.Sql, Version=<version>, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<public key>" /
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:56 PM
  • Can you please post the exact error message?
    Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem,
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:38 PM
  • It sounds like maybe you forgot to install the adapter pack and only installed the WCF LOB SDK. On 64-bit I think you have to install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the adapter pack.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:56 AM