none
Data Access Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I am trying to create a Data Source for an Access 2000 database in a Visual Basic 2008 project. When I access the Access file in creating the Data Source it tests successfully. When I attempt tofinalize the data source in my project I get the error shown. below.

"An Unexpected error has occurred.

Error Message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Visual Studio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner,SyncFacade.SyncMahager' From assembly.

'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage Versio9.0.0.0, Culture neutral, PublicKeyTokenb031517f11'."

Unfortunately I couldn't get the .jpg image of the actual error to appear so, I hope I copied it's content correctly...but, as a relative amateur, I simply have no idea what the error message is telling me or how to fix the problem.

Milt

sirmilt

Friday, February 7, 2014 4:19 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply, Car

I already had a primary keys in each of the tables.

I did, however get the Access 2000 database to be accepted by the Visual Basic data Source. I used ODB instead od OLEDB and it fit perfectly. Hopefully . if anyone else has the same isse, this will help them.

Milt

sirmilt

• Marked as answer by sirMilt Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:03 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:03 PM

All replies

• Most problems come if you have no primary key in your access database check that first.

Success
    Cor

Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Car

I already had a primary keys in each of the tables.

I did, however get the Access 2000 database to be accepted by the Visual Basic data Source. I used ODB instead od OLEDB and it fit perfectly. Hopefully . if anyone else has the same isse, this will help them.

Milt

sirmilt

• Marked as answer by sirMilt Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:03 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:03 PM