Route Table modification

Question

• Hello everybody,

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to develop a SSL VPN client for Windows RT and Windows Phone 8. The problems I'm dealing with right now are the following:

[1] Is there any way to create a virtual network adapter to force some of the traffic to use that interface? If this is not possible, is there any alternative like an already installed adapter that can be modified?

[2] In the Windows 8 Desktop API I've found the IP Helper API that can change the settings of any adapter. Is there any similar API for Windows RT or Windows Phone 8?

For example the Android API has the VpnService class but in the Windows Phone 8 or Windows RT API I couldn't find anything similar. I've spent a few days reading documentation but I didn't got to any conclusion. 

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• There is no similar API for Windows Store apps. Window Store apps cannot affect the system outside of their own application. You would need to write a desktop app, which is not supported on Windows RT.

Please ask Windows Phone 8 development questions in the Windows Phone Development Forums 

--Rob

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:30 AM
    Owner