none
Pricing for On Premis to Azure SQL RRS feed

• Question

• I am evaluating the usage/viability of Azure Data Factory.  I have 50 tables sitting in an on premis oracle database.  I want to setup a very simple pipeline (no transformation just copy) to copy this data (initial load and incremental) from on premis into Azure SQL once a day.

Can anybody give me a clear indication as to what only the ADF component will cost on a daily or monthly basis.

thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi David, thank you for your interest in Azure Data Factory!  We just announced GA of ADF today and the updated pricing is described on pricing page here:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/data-factory/

ADF has two meters: one for orchestration and one for data movement.  In your particular example:

(1) Orchestration cost: you will have 50 low-frequency on-prem to cloud copy activities, so the monthly cost will be $1.50 * 50 = $75.

(2) Data movement cost: this portion of the cost is determined by the data volume (both initial and incremental) in those 50 tables, which determines the duration it takes to copy the data.  On-prem to cloud data movement charges $0.10/hour.

Thanks, Shirley

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:43 PM