Unit Testing and Test Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked where the Datatbase for Professionals Unit Testing capabilities ends and where the Team Edition for Software Tests picks up.

So when DB Pro creates a unit tests, is it using it's own Unit Testing functionality or is it using the testing harness from the Test Edition? Where is the fine line?

Thank you.

Randy Pagels

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:27 AM

Answers

• The Database Unit Testing functionality is building on top of the existing Team Test functionality. We are extending the VB.NET and C# unit testing functionality. So it uses the same framework, which is why you can combine your tests together.

-GertD
    "DataDude" Development Manager

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:17 PM

All replies

• The Database Unit Testing functionality is building on top of the existing Team Test functionality. We are extending the VB.NET and C# unit testing functionality. So it uses the same framework, which is why you can combine your tests together.

-GertD
    "DataDude" Development Manager

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:17 PM
  • Thanks Gert,

So just to clarify again. Is it true to say that if you do NOT install the Database Professional with either the Developer Edition or Test Edition then you will NOT be able to use the Unit Testing functionality? The reason I asked is because I know you can install DB Pro with VS 2005 Professional, that doesn't have Unit Testing.

Randy

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:11 PM
  • Randy -

I was just reviewing threads to see if there were any issues that we needed to address in future doc updates and I noticed that only half your question was answered here.  Team Edition for Database Professionals installs enough of the unit testing framework to allow you to unit test your database projects without also having to purchase the Test edition.

thanks,

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:28 PM