DropUp Menue for Buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working on a HTML-Client Lightswitch project with VS 2013 and have a question.

I am new in programming and designing and have no idea how to solve it.

I have created some tables and screens and add commands in the command bar, but when I saw the result in browser I was wondering if it is possible to create a DropUp Menue where all the commands are inside, so that you have one button which show me the other commands.

I have one button to add a record, one to delete it, one to search through my records and one to edit my records.If it is possible, I want one button "Options" which give me the possibility to choose between the other commands.

I hope you understand me and can help me out.

Regards,

AHleonIT

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:04 PM

Answers

• You should be able to create a Popup and put all the buttons you need inside that popup and then call that popup from a single button on the command bar. Search for LightSwitch HTML Popups for more information on how to create those.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

• Marked as answer by AHleonIT Friday, September 30, 2016 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:15 PM

All replies

• You should be able to create a Popup and put all the buttons you need inside that popup and then call that popup from a single button on the command bar. Search for LightSwitch HTML Popups for more information on how to create those.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

• Marked as answer by AHleonIT Friday, September 30, 2016 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Hi Xander,

thanks for your reply.

I use functions where I for example change the visibility of a command. Can you tell me how to change my code if i transfer my commands in a Popup, like you recommend to me?

I get this error message: "TypeError: screen.findContentItem(...) is undefinend"

Here is  an example:

myapp.BrowseMitarbeiter.created = function (screen) {
        screen.findContentItem('Löschen').isVisible = false;
    };

Regards,

AHleonIT

Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:01 AM
  • I have command buttons inside of popups and have no trouble finding them using screen.findContentItem('yourButtonName'); in the screen.created method.  Are you sure that the string name is the actual name of the contentItem vs. the displayName or a typo?
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:46 PM