What's the suggested way to access Pictures, Documents, Music, Network folders?

Question

• Hi All 

I am not a newbie when it gets to computers but it all changed after I tried out Windows 8.

I don't want to criticise anything as I understand Windows 8 is a Dev Preview. I am so used to the easy access of Documents, Pictures, Music etc. shell folders using the Start Menu in Windows 7 and I was wondering what is the Microsoft suggested way to access these folders with the minimum number of mouse clicks?

Right now, I press Start Menu, click Computer or Explorer, click Pictures. 

I also right click the Explorer in the Jump List and click on my pinned Pictures folder. 

May be I should drag n drop the Pictures folder to the Windows 8 Start Screen? 

Thanks

Mike

Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:07 AM

Answers

• Mike,

Sounds like you've found the quickest way which would be click Windows Explorer from the Metro Start Screen.

Regards,

Gary
    • Marked as answer by lionmajk Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:00 AM
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:25 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Mike,

Sounds like you've found the quickest way which would be click Windows Explorer from the Metro Start Screen.

Regards,

Gary
    • Marked as answer by lionmajk Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:00 AM
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Gary. 
    In my first post, I assumed I could drag n drop a Pictures folder short cut to the Metro Start Screen, but I could not do that. I could not have a shortcut like Windows Explorer in Metro Start Screen for Pictures. Will this be possible or is planned for future?  
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:00 AM
  • Mike,

That remains to be seen, however I can assure you that Microsoft is monitoring these forums for issues and concerns.  This will be reported up so that the right people are made aware of your concern.

Best Regards,

Gary
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:30 AM
    Answerer