Keyboard shortcut to focus the explorer pane on File Data Source tab in the Select Data Source dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a keyboard shortcut to focus the Explorer pane within the Select Data Source dialog's File Data Source tab?

For efficiency, I wish to link external tables (from SQL Server) without resorting to using the mouse.

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hello Calvin Craig,

You could enter "Tab" to change select option on the dialog, once you select "Documents", enter "Tab" again and now your course is in fact in the box you want. Use ↑↓←→ to select item in the box.

Here is the demonstration.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hello Calvin Craig,

Keep pressing Alt, you could find shortcuts for ribbon options. 

For instance, if i want to select data source from an Excel file, the operation is that keep pressing Alt and then X->N1->F->X.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Thanks Terry. I am using the Alt key. However, when I get to the Select Data Source dialog's File Data Source tab, I haven't discovered a way to focus the Windows-Explorer-like pane (for lack of a better term). At that point using the keyboard I'm stuck and I have resort to using the mouse.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:12 PM
  • Hello Calvin,

>>However, when I get to the Select Data Source dialog's File Data Source tab, I haven't discovered a way to focus the Windows-Explorer-like pane (for lack of a better term). 

Would you mind show a screenshot to tell us which part is the Winodws-Explorer-like pane? Which part is Select Data Source dialog's File Data Source tab?

By the way, do you need open below dialog without mouse? If so, the keyshortcut order is X->N1->D-S.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:44 AM
  • Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:12 AM
  • Hello Calvin Craig,

You could enter "Tab" to change select option on the dialog, once you select "Documents", enter "Tab" again and now your course is in fact in the box you want. Use ↑↓←→ to select item in the box.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:08 AM
  • That works! Thanks very much Terry.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:14 PM