none
Visual Basic to Excel RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys, I start now my search on VB to use on excel, I wanna some recomendadion of forum or blogs to get more experiance.

I want use the visual basic to improve my job using excel.

Monday, March 16, 2015 12:18 AM

All replies

• I can point you in some directions that helped me develop with excel.

First off try VBA its similar to VB but for writing tools in Excel using excel functionality. Getting Started with VBA in Excel 2010

Then you can look at playing with the XML code that makes up an excel sheet with the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office

Done with that rabbit hole you can try out communicating with LightSwitch VB desktop project and use the Office Integration Pack

I also have a video in my websites FTP files that you can download if your quick I was going to remove it. It's an old  but explains how to crack open an office file and generate one programmatically they use C# but VB will work once your familiar with converting code and understand VB in general.

Hope that all helps

------------------REMEMBER TO MARK THIS AS THE ANSWER IF IT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION THANKS

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Maybe if you move your question to the "Training and Certification" part of the forum, you will get more suggestions.

The "Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA" written by John Walkenback, helped me to learn VBA. See attached link for an example of the book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470475358/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&tag=poinhairdilb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0470475358

Regards,

Reshma

Please Vote as Helpful if an answer is helpful and/or Please mark Proposed as Answer or Mark As Answer when question is answered

Monday, March 16, 2015 3:11 PM
  • Well I can't certify you I can however show you how deep the rabbit whole goes. It's an old red pill blue pill problem. Take the blue pill(certification) and you wake up in your bed and believe what ever you want to believe take the red pill(I teach you) you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit whole goes.

Song Link

Monday, March 16, 2015 7:03 PM