Can't find server? RRS feed

• Question

•    From VB 2005 start page,I click on "Connect with the Community", then Document Explorer opens,but it can't find a server, that is to say , it can't be connected to the internet. This problem doesn't happen before,but it does after I install VC++ 2005 Express Edition.Connection of my computer to Internet is OK!
       Waiting for help! Thanks!

Friday, April 29, 2005 5:02 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

The "Connect to the Community" link should open an instance of Document Explorer's web browser and try to load a link.  Does the error you're seeing appear in a dialog or is it in the resulting web page?  Is it possible to copy the link and try it in IE as a test?

Thanks!
    Jeremy Jones
    Program Manager, Visual Studio Help & Community
    Tuesday, May 3, 2005 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

The "Connect to the Community" link should open an instance of Document Explorer's web browser and try to load a link.  Does the error you're seeing appear in a dialog or is it in the resulting web page?  Is it possible to copy the link and try it in IE as a test?

Thanks!
    Jeremy Jones
    Program Manager, Visual Studio Help & Community
    Tuesday, May 3, 2005 8:02 PM
  • OK.
    This error appears in the resulting web page. If I copy the link and try it in IE , everything is OK! I wanner tell u in detail:
       First, I install VS 2005 Beta 1 express Edition.Then,it's uninstalled and I install
    VB 2005 Express Edition Beta2.At this moment,it works OK . But after I installed VC 2005 Express Edition Beta 2, this problem appeared.
       I don't know why ,so I formatted my computer and reinstalled VB and VC beta 2 and the problem disappeared.
       Thanks for ur patience!

Thursday, May 5, 2005 12:39 PM
  • David,

I'm glad your system is working for you again, and thanks for the details on your problem.

It sounds like some remnants of the Beta 1 were causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Jeremy Jones
    Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:02 AM