none
Encryption for data for Azure Tables & DocumentDB at rest

Question

• Hi,

Wanted to know any NoSQL service in Azure where we can encrypt the data at rest.

There were some options in Azure SQL Database and Azure Blob but I was not able to find any for Azure Table Service or DocumentDB.

Regards, Saurabh

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Saurabh,

Our engineers are actively working on enabling encryption for Table Storage. I am afraid we do not have an ETA. We appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,
    Vikranth S.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your interest. DocumentDB will soon enable encryption at rest. Our engineering team is in the final stages of starting rollout across our data centers. We will start soon and will enable it in all regions over the course of the next couple of months.

Thanks

Syam

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Syam,

It has been a month since you replied to this thread and i haven't seen any update on the azure portal for encrypting document db content at rest. Do you know when this feature will be enabled / rolled out.

Let me know in case I'm missing something.

Karthic

• Edited by Karthic R Monday, March 6, 2017 8:11 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 8:09 PM
  • I second that.  This is a key need.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:23 PM
  • All data at rest stored in DocumentDB is now encrypted. This is done transparently and you do not have do anything in the portal.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:54 PM
  • What about Table Storage?

This article indicates it should be completed by now: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-general-availability-of-storage-service-encryption-for-azure-file-storage/

Friday, July 7, 2017 2:47 PM
  • Our engineers are actively working on it and will be available very soon.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:46 PM