none
Tutorial on How to integrate Xbox Live SDK with Creators Program

General discussion

• Hi, I just published a detailed tutorial to get the xbox live integration done.

For anyone interested: How To integrate Xbox Live SDK

The post covers Xbox Live features available with the Creators Program. It use Javascript as the language of choice on top UWP. But can be easily understood by c# and c++ developers.

For any comment or hint, drop me a line.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:45 PM

All replies

• Excellent, thanks a lot for making this
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:19 PM
  • Nice article, well made.

Simon (darkside) Jackson / @SimonDarksideJ ID@XBox MVP and best selling author

Thursday, September 07, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Thank you.

Could you provide some help with complete code and maybe even assets (very barebones is fine)?

I'm having trouble fulfilling this requirement after going through the Construct 2 publishing process.

All I need is the first 2 steps:

1) Xbox Live login

2) Display user's Xbox Live gamertag and maybe picture (but I'll take a complete example/code without the picture to make things simple0

3) Then on specific key press advance to my game

Construct 2 interprets to JavaScript, so I have a runtime.js file.

I would need a way to integrate with it too.

My game is already published.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/dark-sun/9pc25kkn56fz?rtc=1

I've posted for assistance, but I'm getting no help from the creators of C2 (Tom and Ashley) or anyone else at this point.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/xbox-live-publishing_t198476?start=20

I'm able to do successful sign in's with test accounts after switching to the retail sandbox.

Then a "let's play" button shows up in the Microsoft pop-up.

I click it and then get this unknown error (using C2 coding methodology):

"Can't Sign In"

"Sorry! No Support articles were found for "0x80860003"

Alternatively, if you know how to do this using C2's high level made-up language (which should eventually interpret into JavaScript), that would be helpful.

The C2 code should be rather simple (after importing the Xbox Live object into a project and configuring the Creators Program info).

Xbox Live->On Sign In Success->Request Profile Info

Xbox Live->On Profile Info Success->System Set Variable (Your Choice) to XboxLive.Gamer.Tag

Then set a textbox to to display that variable in a sub-event (import a text object into project first).

Pick textbox->Set Text To: "Gamer_Tag"&your_variable

Problem is, it doesn't work.

The textbox does not update after successful sign-in and the sign-in itself fails after hitting the "let's play" Microsoft button.

The creators of C2 refuse to provide any code examples for this (so the above is my code, per the barebones manual).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Microsoft threatening to pull this game for not meeting these requirements.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:59 PM
  • I just want to point out that ID@Xbox developers will need to handle the sign in a little differently. I'm not sure how it is in the Creators Club, but we're required to have the ability to switch profiles during the game. To do this, you'll need to use the UserPicker under the Windows.System namespace and feed the result from that into your new XboxLiveUser() call.

Just wanted to point this out if anyone else runs into issues like I did. I actually programmed an entire static class in C# that implements this, as well as all basic Xbox One functionality ID@Xbox developers need. You should be able to simply include this in your project and start calling functions: https://gist.github.com/michaelarts/2ada67de3ca4295b1ea57df00fd230ca

I hope it's useful!

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:27 PM