none
How to capture and play the Kinect audio stream in real time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am currently developing a simple Kinect audio surveillance system (C++) for both capturing and playing Kinect audio stream in real time (latency should in milliseconds). I searched on Kinect SDK and implemented the application by combining the samples of 'Capturing a Stream' and 'Rendering a Stream' using WASAPI (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd316756(v=vs.85).aspx ) However, I cannot hear anything but clicking noise only and I found this is because my speaker does not support the wav format of Kinect. I have learned from the websites and still have no way. Any suggestions in solving the problem if I want to keep developing the application in WASAPI?

Alternatively I just started to use DirectSound for playing the audio stream from Kinect. I plant to capture the streaming using WASAPI and play the streaming using DirectSound. Any suggestions that is it feasible to do that? I try to find sample codes on DirectSound for Kinect application but did not find anything useful. I will greatly appreciate! If some one can provide it. 
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers