what is callback function and callback event RRS feed

Answers

• User288213138 posted

Hi siddangoud,

what is the diff between callback event and a callback function

I think these 2 links have explained their different roles respectively.

The callback event is an event handler, It's called whenever an event occurs, like a mouse click. More specifically, an event handler is the callback method that is passed into a event listener. When the listener is triggered, it fires its callback, or in this case, the event handler.

A callback function is a function passed into another function as an argument, which is then invoked inside the outer function to complete some kind of routine or action.

Best regards,

Sam

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 4:09 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi siddangoud,

is any where  you used

callback: 

in client side

According to your description, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly.

What is "like callback:" ?

Do you mean you want to know client side callbacks in ASP.NET?

If this is your requirement, I suggest you could refer to below link:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14220/Client-Callbacks-in-ASP-NET-2-0-2#:~:text=

If I misunderstand your requirement, please post more details information about your requirement.

Best regards,

Sam

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:38 AM
  • User-857013053 posted

An event handler is a callback to an event the occurred like a mouse click. More specifically, an event handler is the callback method that is passed into a event listener. When the listener is triggered, it fires its callback, or in this case, the event handler.

Callbacks methods do not need to be associated with events. In fact, generally speaking, when someone uses the term callback, they are referring to a function that gets passed as a parameter into a method which is fired when the method completes.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 4:42 AM

All replies

• User288213138 posted

Hi siddangoud,

what is the diff between callback event and a callback function

I think these 2 links have explained their different roles respectively.

The callback event is an event handler, It's called whenever an event occurs, like a mouse click. More specifically, an event handler is the callback method that is passed into a event listener. When the listener is triggered, it fires its callback, or in this case, the event handler.

A callback function is a function passed into another function as an argument, which is then invoked inside the outer function to complete some kind of routine or action.

Best regards,

Sam

Friday, March 6, 2020 4:09 AM
  • User87195929 posted

Hi sir,

is any where  you used

callback: 

in client side

thanks and regards

siddu

Monday, March 9, 2020 6:14 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi siddangoud,

is any where  you used

callback: 

in client side

According to your description, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly.

What is "like callback:" ?

Do you mean you want to know client side callbacks in ASP.NET?

If this is your requirement, I suggest you could refer to below link:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14220/Client-Callbacks-in-ASP-NET-2-0-2#:~:text=

If I misunderstand your requirement, please post more details information about your requirement.

Best regards,

Sam

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:38 AM
  • User-857013053 posted

An event handler is a callback to an event the occurred like a mouse click. More specifically, an event handler is the callback method that is passed into a event listener. When the listener is triggered, it fires its callback, or in this case, the event handler.

Callbacks methods do not need to be associated with events. In fact, generally speaking, when someone uses the term callback, they are referring to a function that gets passed as a parameter into a method which is fired when the method completes.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 4:42 AM