none
My 3GB RAM laptop only shows 1.00 GB RAM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. To start off I'd like to say I recently reset my computer to it's factory settings because it was (and still is) slow. (Computer Specs Listed Below!)

The problem: I have 3GB RAM installed. I know it, unless it somehow got shaken out or broke inside the laptop, I have 3GB RAM installed. I have 2 of these laptops (Acer Aspire 5734Z), and only this one has this issue. They both have 3GB RAM and even the sticker on the laptop says 3GB RAM. So a friend asks how much RAM I've got because my computer was so slow. So I go to double check and I see its only 1GB?! It doesn't make any sense. It DOES NOT say 3GB, 1gb unusable, it JUST says 1.00 GB RAM. I really have no idea what is going on, I have added ZERO RAM on my own nor have I customized my laptop's hardware whatsoever. I'm not sure if it just got dusty or something maybe?

[I'm NOT sure if this problem also occurred BEFORE or AFTER the factory reset (in Control Panel).]

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies

• Guys please? I don't have any other options. I don't have any money to buy a new laptop. I've had this one for a couple of years and I bought it at Walmart for $300. I don't have a warranty or anything so please help me.
    Monday, November 26, 2012 9:16 PM
  • I have 2 of these laptops (Acer Aspire 5734Z), and only this one has this issue -- One of the laptops has memory module not  seated in correct way. First boot in bios and check how much installed memory does it reports. If its less than 3gb best place to contact for this is acer support since laptop has been reset to factory settings.
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:21 PM