Add VSPackages to Isolated Shell RRS feed

• Question

• How do you install VSPackages within the VS Isolated Shell after deployed?

Meaning, I have deployed a shell and would like to install a VSPackage we created.  The VSPackage would only be internal and not published on the VS Gallery.

Also, is there a way to add the VSPackage to a location ( i.e. File Share ) in our internal network so others ( internal ) can point to that directory, select and install to their installed shell?

Thanks

Friday, June 7, 2013 1:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Normally, we modify the .pkgdef file which contain the registry information that you would normally apply directly to the registry if you were targeting Visual Studio or the integrated Shell.

More information please view:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc138553.aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by shaggygi Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:45 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

Normally, we modify the .pkgdef file which contain the registry information that you would normally apply directly to the registry if you were targeting Visual Studio or the integrated Shell.

More information please view:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc138553.aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Hi, can you tell me where in the file .pkgdef is the path to load my templates?

If you can help me or refer to somewhere that provides this information I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
    Fabiana.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:19 PM