none
how to migrate c# web service to microservices using dot net framework ?

Question

• Hi All,

can you please help me,

how to migrate c# web service to microservices using dot net framework ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanath

sanath.avula@gmail.com

Saturday, April 8, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi AvulaSanath,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what is your project? 

Could you provide more information about your question? Code demo or error messgae? More information would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Well your web service might already be micro service. Micro services(s) is architectural style where you separate your application to multiple loosely coupled services that can be deployed independently. I don't think it actually takes consideration on what technologies service is build (language, database etc.) so long as it uses protocols like HTTP to communication, so your web service might already be micro service.

So we need more details about your question?

Is your web service now big service that has multiple responsibilities or dependencies to other services that needs to be deployed with it. If so and those services could be separated to independent services with each only having its own responsibility, then you might be able to separate them to micro services.

On the other hand if your web service already has its own clear responsibility and can be deployed as is so its independent, then it might be already a good candidate as micro service.

Mislead usually is that people think that micro services should be small, but I do not think that is the case if service has clear responsibility and it is independent. So micro service might also be "big" in term of lines of code for example.

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:59 AM