none
How to handle Audio Streams of external applications? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

first of all this is my first post for a question so please forgive me if I'm not specific enough. So here is my problem. I would like to write a program that is capable of muting all audio of my PC (Windows 10) except its own. After playing what so ever audio, it is supposed to unmute the previously muted streams. I thought this shouldn't be so hard....but at least for me it is.

I read a lot about the CoreAPI and tried to use external provided wrappers for C#. Unfortunately they either do not compile or lack documentation which makes it very hard to use them.

So this is kind of my last shot. Mybe someone can explain to me how this can be done or maybe also has a better idea to do this without using the CoreAudioAPI.

Thanks alot for answers ;)

• Moved by Michel VerhagenMVP Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:15 PM Wrong forum, this is about C# on big Windows, not on smart devices (CE based devices)
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:27 PM

All replies

• What would not be considered the PC's own audio as far as streams go? If you were using Windows Media Player that would not be considered the PC's own audio but a system beep would or something like that?

Maybe this IAudioEndpointVolume interface but I don't know it.

La vida loca

Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:30 PM
  • Yes I'm not trying to uses Systemsounds. I rather have some MP3 I would like to use.

As far as I understood it the Endpoints are actually incarnations/Interfaces to Hardware like a Speaker. But I would like to to mute Firefox, for instance, for a while which is considered a "Sessions" if I understood corecktly?!

:):)

Monday, May 7, 2018 3:17 PM