Trouble with driver for HP OfficeJet 6500

Question

• Running the Preview x64 on a test machine -- a 2008 Dell Optiplex 330 -- and it runs very well.   No issues with almost any driver.  I had to to manually install the Intel G31 chipset for graphics from Intel's site as Windows 7 had not come out yet when this comptuer was new in '08.  However that works fine.

However, when I try to install the Win 7, 64-bit drivers for an HP OfficeJet 6500....the installation process stops saying it is incompatible with this operating system.   Should I try the Win 7 32-bit?  the XP?

Also want to let you know that the x64 Dev. Preview I installed was the 3.6 GB one, not the 4.5 GB one with all the extra tools.

Thank you for your advice.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:17 AM

Answers

• The installer most likely only recognize the version it supports, a common practice to prevent installing on untested systems. Contact HP to see if the is any new driver for the device tested for Windows 8.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:41 PM