none
Does the Exchange Web Service(EWS) API supports the reading of BCC recipient address list from email item from Exchange 2010 andf 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• i am getting the TO,CC recipient address list uisng EWS API, but i didn't get the BCC recipient address list from email item.

is there any way to get the BCC recipient Address list from the email item using EWS API?

Thanks in advance.
    Friday, August 8, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Prasad,

As per my understanding the BCC will be processed in the  Mailbox Servers (Transport Service- HUB for 2010) itself and once prosessed it will not contain that info in the emails that is been routed to different destinations keeping the purpose of BCC.

If you have to get that info you need to catch it within the client transmission itself before it gets routed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb124230(v=exchg.150).aspx

Pickup directory message header modifications

The Pickup directory removes any of the following message header fields from the message header:

• Received

• Resent-*

• Bcc

NoteNote:
      Any email addresses found in the optional Bcc message header fields in the message header are correctly processed. After the Bcc recipients are promoted to invisible message envelope recipients, they are removed from the message header to protect their identity. If a message contains only Bcc recipients, the value of Undisclosed Recipients is added to the To field in the message header.

This is for alternate scenario where Replay Dir is used:

Replay directory message header modifications

The Replay directory deletes the Bcc message header field from the message file.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, September 22, 2014 6:35 AM