none
Which WALinuxAgents are supported for Azure Managed Disks? RRS feed

• Question

• I had deployed a VM on Azure Portal. When I tried to convert the VM from un-managed disk to managed, I got the following error.

ConvertTo-AzureRmVMManagedDisk : VMs with managed disks are not supported for the Linux agent version 'WALinuxAgent-2.0.16'. Please update your Linux agent to the latest version.
    ErrorCode: OperationNotAllowed
    ErrorMessage: VMs with managed disks are not supported for the Linux agent version 'WALinuxAgent-2.0.16'. Please update your Linux agent to the latest version.
    StatusCode: 409
    ReasonPhrase: Conflict

So my question is are there certain WAAgents that can support VMs with managed disks and some cannot? If so, can someone share a list of such VM Agents for Linux that provide support for Managed Disks?

Also, can someone confirm if the WALinuxAgent version "2.0.16-2" has been deprecated to support managed disks?

• Edited by Maham Nazir Monday, October 2, 2017 1:27 PM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 1:26 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to convert Windows VM or Linux VM?

Are you following any documentation for step by step process?

Can you share the screenshot of the error message?

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, October 2, 2017 2:56 PM
  • I am trying to convert a Linux VM and yes I have followed the documentation step by step. The writing in the bold font is the actual error that occurs.

I am using a:

WALinuxAgent Version: 2.0.16-2

The problem is that there isn't anything in any documentation about the link between VM Agents (both for Windows and Linux) and Managed Disks. That's what I'm trying to find out. How can I know which VM Agents are supported for Managed Disks and which aren't?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Update the Linux agent from here and let us know the error status.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:14 PM
  • I too would like to know if there's any documented compatibility matrix for WAAgent and Managed Disks.

It's not about updating and errors, it's about supported configurations or unsupported ones.

Does WALinuxAgent Version: 2.0.16 officially support Managed Disks or should we just rely on the Powershell error message to determine that?

Monday, October 30, 2017 12:14 PM