Live streaming with automatic archive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Silverlight app that uploads a video stream to a publishing point (currently Windows Media Services).  I would like to move this all to Azure, using the CDN.  I see solutions for live streaming and for publishing to a blob, but haven’t seen an option to automatically archive the live stream.  Is this possible?  If it is, how would I know what the archived file would be named?  Thanks for any ideas.

Friday, August 5, 2011 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi jourada,

Thanks for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Monday, August 8, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hi Jourada,

You can use Windows Azure Live Smooth Streaming Project to quickly deploy Live Smooth Streaming solution to Windows Azure.

http://azlivestreaming.codeplex.com/

It uses IIS smooth streaming and Expression Encoder. You can archive the file while encoding in Expression Encoder.

Thanks,

Carson Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:10 AM