none
Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.PresentationClass.SaveAs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Iam using windows server 2008. In a scheduled task iam trying to export a ppt. This is working fine when the system is logged in. When the system is logged off while performing the scheduled task ppt is not getting exported.

error @"Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.PresentationClass.SaveAs(String FileName, PpSaveAsFileType FileFormat, MsoTriState EmbedTrueTypeFonts)"

"Presentation (unknown member) : An error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file."

Please clarify this with a solution

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hello Sowmya,

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behaviour and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

Automating PowerPoint from a scheduled task falls under the unsupported scenario when scheduled task is run with the option "Run whether user logged on or not". But, using it with "Run only when the user is logged on" option falls under the supported category.

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757 for more details.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Pradip

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Iam using windows server 2008. In a scheduled task iam trying to export a ppt. This is working fine when the system is logged in. When the system is logged off while performing the scheduled task ppt is not getting exported.

error @"Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.PresentationClass.SaveAs(String FileName, PpSaveAsFileType FileFormat, MsoTriState EmbedTrueTypeFonts)"

"Presentation (unknown member) : An error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file."

Please clarify this with a solution

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:06 AM
  • Hi sowmvarai,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please which kind of program you have created and execute in scheduled task? Would you please tell me how to reproduce your issue?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:21 AM
  • Hey Thanks for your reply. Actually i have my .Net application which execute and as a result it will export images as PPT. I have added this in scheduled task. This works completely fine when the system is logged on. But before this task runs if i logged off my system then it results in error saying "Presentation (unknown member) : An error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file." @ "Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.PresentationClass.SaveAs(String FileName, PpSaveAsFileType FileFormat, MsoTriState EmbedTrueTypeFonts)" . Am facing this issue only in server 2008 . 
    Friday, December 14, 2012 6:23 AM
  • Hi sowmyarai,

OK, I will involve some experts into your issue to see whether they can solve your problem. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Hoping to get a solution for my problem.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Monday, December 17, 2012 6:14 AM
  • Hello Sowmya,

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behaviour and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

Automating PowerPoint from a scheduled task falls under the unsupported scenario when scheduled task is run with the option "Run whether user logged on or not". But, using it with "Run only when the user is logged on" option falls under the supported category.

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757 for more details.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Pradip

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:02 PM