Poup doesn't work inside TabControl RRS feed

• Question

• Because of the way the TabControl hosts it's Items, Popups disappear when the Selected TabItem changes.

repro:

<controls:TabControl>
            <controls:TabItem Header="tabitem1">
                <Popup IsOpen="True">
                    <TextBlock Text="Switch tabitem to make this popup disappear" />
                </Popup>
            </controls:TabItem>
            <controls:TabItem Header="tabitem2"/>
        </controls:TabControl>

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi br,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. I have reported a feedback through Visual Studio & .NET Connect site: (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=491009). This issue will be routed to the product unit who works on this specific feature area for triage and resolution. I’ll paste all responses from the product unit in this thread. And you also can click the link and add the feedback to your watchlist ( you need to log in using your account) so that you can get informed as soon as product units respond.  It may be some time before we get response from product unit. Please be patient.

Thanks,

Monday, September 21, 2009 3:32 AM

All replies

• has the popup is a child of the item it is working as expected... when the item is hidden the popup is hidden too.

If you want to create a popup being visible outside the item, just declare it outside of the item. Seems to be very logical ;-)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Hi br,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. I have reported a feedback through Visual Studio & .NET Connect site: (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=491009). This issue will be routed to the product unit who works on this specific feature area for triage and resolution. I’ll paste all responses from the product unit in this thread. And you also can click the link and add the feedback to your watchlist ( you need to log in using your account) so that you can get informed as soon as product units respond.  It may be some time before we get response from product unit. Please be patient.

Thanks,

Monday, September 21, 2009 3:32 AM