MDS 2012 ExternalAction queue not getting cleared / processed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I created a custom dll to set an attribute on MDS 2012 Entity. I followed the steps to establish MDS Workflow integration service using the urls:

http://johanmachielse.blogspot.com/2011/07/master-data-services-implementing.html

and

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7879.configuring-workflow-integration-with-master-data-services.aspx

I am able to see the message entry in the externalaction queue. But, it is just sitting there unprocessed. I am sure that the service broker is enabled. I looked at the event log and found some errors which are getting logged every 10 mins. Please see the detailed error message below. (The workflow loaded successfully during the command verification). Looking forward to your expert advice.

Thanks,
    Kamal

- <Event xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../event"> 

- <System>

<Provider Name="SQL Server MDS Workflow Integration" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-20T01:02:38.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>467994</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>mdsserver.domain.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>WARNING: Error connecting to the database. Next attempt in 10 minute(s). System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'domain\sqlagent'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at Microsoft.MasterDataServices.Workflow.WorkflowService.Connect()</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found the issue with the DBA's help. He helped me identify that the UserMapping step was not done properly. I had created the user using the security folder within the database. But, there is a security folder outside the database at the root level and it was supposed to be used for UserMapping. Once, we completed that step, it started working as expected.

Thanks,
    Kamal
    • Marked as answer by KamalShaikh Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:37 PM