How much apppool memory RRS feed

• Question

• User709978785 posted

My web app can need as much as 300mb of apppool memory at times. Can Azure provide this much and is there a premium price of this?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:52 AM

All replies

• User700362322 posted

i Called on a toll free of windows Azure (India Toll Free No:) - 000-800-100-3928

and ask for memory constrain and pricing.

Customer Care supervisor told me there is no extra cost for this kind of hosting.

also pricing and configuration can be found here http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/?scenario=web

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:04 PM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi Jackxxx,

What application that you use? It seems it will very costly for you if you sign up with them. If you really need to consume 300 mb app memory, you may check our Host Three plan.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:24 PM
  • User-126879547 posted

All the limits in the application pool are for bad behaving apps. And more specifically:

1. To prevent the bad app from disturbing to good apps.
    2. To try and keep the bad app running as much as possible.

In that light, the answer is off course: It depends.

If your application is leaking then without a limit it will crash around 1.2 - 1.6 Gb (if memory serves). So 1 Gb is sensible. If during normal operation your application consume not more the 100 Mb and you have many app pool on the server, than you should set the limit lower to prevent one app from damaging other apps.

To conclude. 1 Gb is sensible. Hitting the limits should be treated as application crash and debugged and fixed.

David Wang blog is a good resource on those issues.

Friday, November 30, 2012 2:57 AM