Pre Programed Security Roles and Groups in Lightswitch? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I in Lightswitch write pre-specified groups of roles for security code to be added programmatically during installation so that adding more and more security code is simpler for initial users to figure out how to use when other people first have access to the administration screen for roles and users security screen. I would like to be able to add the groups Nurse, Dr, Reference Material Info Manager, and Security Administrator and the give them an initial appropriate set of roles ie access to screens and buttons.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:36 PM

All replies

• OK trying to breakdown the question..

Groups

• Nurse
    • Dr
    • Info Manager
    • Sec Admin

Users (e.g)

• Mike
    • Rob
    • Dan

Roles

• ?

Security code? Something that goes against a User I suppose?

So based on roles you want the users to have access to certain screens when they login/open the app?

Want to understand what it is you are trying to achieve.

Ta.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:58 PM
  • Sorry let I miss labeled some thing.

The Roles are

• Nurse
    • Dr
    • Info Manager
    • Sec Admin

each has "groups" of security "permissions"
    I am currently in debug assigning them but want to hard code them so they publish with the install code for the initial database. I did not create these entities though they are standard in the properties of a lightswich projects application code 

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:32 PM
  • Kul.

A USER with a ROLE belongs to a GROUP that has predefined permission to access certain screens.

Does this statement relate to the app?

What did you mean by this?

I did not create these entities though they are standard in the properties of a lightswich projects application code

Which entities?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:57 PM
  • Kul.

A USER with a ROLE belongs to a GROUP that has predefined permission to access certain screens.

Does this statement relate to the app?

What did you mean by this?

I did not create these entities though they are standard in the properties of a lightswich projects application code

Which entities?

1. Yes it relates to this lightswitch application.

2. I mean A USER with a ROLE belongs to a PERMISSION SET(Which I am calling a GROUP)

By the "entities" I mean the tables and screens that define the UI for the standard ROLES and USER screens in all lightswitch tables PERMISSIONS Found Properties Windows

Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:53 AM
  • I was referring to intrinsic database management pointed out to me before in this forum. I just don't know how to do this for the security screens referencing the tables created by default for a Lightswitch project. 
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 1:36 AM