none
Floating panels with CCF 2009 QFE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question on creating a user control as a hosted application in a floating window.

I am using CCF 2009 SP1 QFE.  We have created a WPF-based toolbar and would like to have a floating user control that inherits from HostedWpfControl.  We notice when stepping through the code that there are two panels created:
     - hidden: seemingly created by deafult in CCF framework
     - ToolbarPanel: defined as a CcfWpfPanel by us in the xaml of the Main application project

In the past I believe there has also been a floating panel created in the UIConfiguration class, but this has code since been moved to private assemblies in the QFE.  Also there is no toolbar-based reference implementation in the QFE sample source code.

My question is, how can we host this WPF user control as a floating window?  How and where are these floating panels defined?  Is the FloatingWpfWindow class relevant?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:37 AM

All replies

• The application name that was assigned to the hosted control ( In CCF admin ) is used as part of the name of the new floating panel,  as such, if there is a space in the name it will fail to create the window as you cannot have a control name with a space in it…

If your app name has a space in it, remove it and it should work normally.

The possible panel names are “floating” and “floatingtool”, the switch between display technologies is handled by CCF based on the type of the base application, WPF or Winform.

The hidden panel is a parking area that is outside of the Display area,  controls that don’t have UI elements ( or useful UI elements ) are parked there.

Hope that helps, 
    MattB-MSFT  

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:22 PM