Convert html to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Quist Zhang wrote:

Open with Workbooks.Open (C:\user\1.htm") and then Workbook.Saveas method.Excel will take care of the rest [formatting /styling etc]

In VB window press F2 and then search for Workbook object ->Saveas method.

<input id="9eca650b-a286-44d3-a7b8-15263fec2155_attachments" type="hidden" value="" />                

My question:

Do I have to have Office Excel to be installed on the server when I'm using Interop library in the VB script.

Evgueni Souvorov

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>> Do I have to have Office Excel to be installed on the server when I'm using Interop library in the VB script. <<

Yes, we have to install the Excel application to use the Interop library. And note, Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.(refer to Considerations for server-side Automation of Office)

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Do I have to have Office Excel to be installed on the server when I'm using Interop library in the VB script. <<

Yes, we have to install the Excel application to use the Interop library. And note, Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.(refer to Considerations for server-side Automation of Office)

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:48 AM
  • Yeah, Office Excel is necessary if you're using Interop library, but if you do not want to achieve this purpose with MS Excel being installed on either developer or client machine, you can utilize 3rd party toolkit like Html To Excel .NET converter to get this job done.

Free C# PowerPoint component is under evaluation, any suggestions. ~)

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:18 AM