VS2015 Preview - building android app with assets RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully built and deployed a native android application using visual studio 2015 preview however I can't figure out how to include the assets into the apk. I've tried adding a custom build step to copy them into $(OutDir)\Package\res\assets after Build and ant does indeed 'crunch' them. But it fails with this message: [aapt] invalid resource directory name: C:\xxxxx\ARM\Debug\Package\res assets. It looks like it's not adding the assets folder correctly to the path? Or is there another way to add the assets to the apk?

• Edited by benrecm Friday, December 5, 2014 5:05 PM typo
    Friday, December 5, 2014 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• As VS 2015 is pre-release software, I suggest you connect with the dev team about your issue.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/content/content.aspx?ContentID=31113

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, December 8, 2014 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:53 AM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:20 PM
  • I'm struggling with same problem, did you find solution by any chance ? 
    Monday, February 9, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Right click ProjectName.Packages -> Add -> New Folder -> assets. Right click assets -> Add -> Existing Item -> select the asset you wish to add.

If there are errors, you may need to clean project AND manually delete the build folder from C:\ProjectName\ARM\Release or whatever. Rebuild. 
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:17 PM