none
Managing HCK User Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do have a working HCK Controller. Done tests already - good. Now my colleagues want to do tests as well. So I tried to add them as HCK Users. I followed this doc:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh998122.aspx

But on step #7 I am getting an error saying "Bulk Operation Error" and "SqlUserDefinedError". How can I fix it?

More info: the HCK Controller machine is part of a domain. I am a Domain-User as local Admin on the HCK Controller machine. I am owning the "hck_dsowners" role. My colleagues I am trying to add are Domain-Users as local Admins on the HCK Controller machine.

Thanks

Frank

• Edited by smilish Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:45 AM added details
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:32 AM

All replies

• When you click on the users node, are the user accounts you are trying to add already in the list that is shown?  Or are they not present? 

If they're already present, the way to add them to user roles is to double-click on the user entry and click on the checkbox next to the role(s) you want to add them to.  You only need to select the highest one since higher ones are supersets of lower priviliges.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:39 PM
  • They are *not* in the list of users. There are 3 items in the list:

#1 "defaultuser" (Domain shows "System" and Highest Privelege shows "-")

#2 "dtmserviceadminuser" (Domain shows the local hostname of the Controller machine and Highest Privelege shows "-")

#3 my Login-Account-Name (Domain shows the correct Domain Name and Highest Privelege shows "hck_dsowners")

That's it. When I click "New user..." I enter the account Name of my colleague in the form "Domain\Username" and choose one of roles (e.g. hck_DSUsers"). Then click "Ok" and a message box appears saying "SqlUserDefinedError". What does this message mean?

It doesn't matter which role I am choosing by the way. Result is the same.

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Hi.

I really need to know about what "SqlUserDefinedError" means. This code is not documented and I have to ask here.

Thanks

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:45 AM
  • administrators on the system are implicitly admins for the database on domain joined systems if it was installed using the HCK setup (as opposed to installing the database separately), so they may have access to the controller already (as dsadministrators).  it should be possible to add the users to the list though but i haven't tried this in a while.  is there a full stack trace available so i can look this up?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:52 PM
  • I can add Users to the list, but I can't assign a role to them. The same error message "SqlUserDefinedError" appears, trying that.

When one of my colleagues logs on to the HCK Server machine and runs HCK Studio the error message "Failed to connect to database. Failed to connect to OM" shows up - Dead end. That's why I am trying to add them as "HCK Users".

I reinstalled HCK Controller Software completely, but the error still persists. You may download a stack trace from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuwzyp8rdi3sv8v/wttstudio.zip

Friday, March 14, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Is there by any chance a user name identical to the user being added with a different name?  IIRC, the alias (but not the domain name) is the primary key in the database.  I think if the conflicting user is removed using the right click delete option and you try to read the user it should work (provided the delete succeeds).

Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:48 PM