none
How to hook in Exchange 2010 and get messages and folders events? RRS feed

• Question

•     Hello to all, I studied and implemented Exchange Audit Mailbox but unfortunately it doesn't bring me all events that I need.

As I need more events (attachment deletion/addition, message opening, folders deletion, creation and move, por example) I need to know how I could hook in Exchange (CAS or MBX, what is the correct one) so I could get these different events and record them in a database. I found nothing in Internet but I believe that certain third parties can do it because they sell product that trace and records this kind of events.

Help will be appreciated.

Regards, EEOC

Monday, February 20, 2017 10:41 PM

All replies

•    Hello, in fact I need to develop a tool to do that (I can already collect events by regular Exchange mailbox Audit but they are not enough). Can you give some north in how to collect events like folder deleted, moved, copied in a MBX and flag set/unset, attachment removed + added for a message? I know that these is not available by default and that's the reason I'm reaching the Exchange DEVs forum to get some help.

I also know that there are some third parties that can do something similar, but they are pretty expensive.

Regards, EEOC.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:38 PM