none
Prompting to checkout twice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have 2 web applications

In one web application I am checking out the office document(Excel or word). then opening in browser. then clicking on open in excel or word. "It is prompting for read only or edit option". This is the correct behavior.

Whereas in other web application I am checking out the office document(Excel or word). then opening in browser. then clicking on open in excel or word. "It is prompting for read only or checkout edit option".

I want to get rid of this "checkout and edit" option from the second web application. It should only prompt for "read only or edit option".

Please suggest

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi spadmin,

Have you checked out the office document in SharePoint library?

Please access Library Settings > Versioning settings, check No in Require Check Out field.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

then on this library, on the library settings on advanced settings, uncheck the checkout checkbox

Kind Regards,

John Naguib

Senior Consultant

John Naguib Blog John Naguib Twitter

Please remember to mark this as answered if it helped you

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Hi spadmin,

Have you checked out the office document in SharePoint library?

Please access Library Settings > Versioning settings, check No in Require Check Out field.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:17 AM
  • Hi spadmin,

Is there any update?

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Friday, September 25, 2015 5:45 AM