none
Move email from folder to group using Microsoft Graph API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

using Outlook client I am able to cut/copy an email and paste it in a group. How can I do the same using Microsoft Graph API?

Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can check the Microsoft Graph API documentation on how to achieve this: https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/message_copy

Take a look at the copy, delete and forward message statements.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Sjoukje. Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:38 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply.

If I try to use message_copy with Group's ID I receive an error with "Id is malformed.".

If I try using using a thread's ID as destination the error is "ConversationId isn't supported in the context of this operation.".

Do you have any other ideas?

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Hi DomenicoZec,

Did you find a solution to your issue? Can you share solution with us?

Regards, Sjoukje. Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Hi, unfortunately no solution, even calling the Microsoft's support: each time they made me open a ticket with another sector and each time they didn't know anything about it. The feeling is that the Microsoft's support priorities is to close the tickets and not to solve the problem.

Monday, January 2, 2017 12:02 PM
  • I know it's a bit late for a valid reply, but just in case anyone else arrive here searching for this same issue:

IGraphServiceClient client = GetClient();

var recycleBinFolderRequest = client.Users[user].MailFolders.DeletedItems.Request();
    MailFolder recycleBinFolder = await recycleBinFolderRequest.GetAsync(ct);
    string recycleBinFolderId = recycleBinFolder.Id;

var request = client.Users[user].Messages[messageId].Move(recycleBinFolderId).Request();
    await request.PostAsync(ct);

Where user is the userId (i.e. someone@yourdomain.com) and messageId is the message Id (i.e. AAMkADM2MWY4....Ow4qjFaF3AAGz-tRpAAA=)

Hope that helps

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:38 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply, but this seems to be a procedure to move a message in recycle bin and not in Office 365 Group's conversation.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:47 AM