none
Installing Windows Features/Roles via VB (Visual Studio 2015)

Question

• Is there a way to install Windows Features/Roles (e.g.: .Net, WSUS) via VB? I tried searching but I only found a way through Powershell. I need to do it via VB so that the users will not see the script.

I am using Server 2012 R2.

Thank you!

• Edited by User0624 Friday, March 24, 2017 2:11 PM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi User0624,

Based on your description, you want to create an application by vb.net, then you can install Windows Feature/Roles through this application, I'm right?

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:45 AM
  • Thanks, Cherry!

Yes, that is exactly what I want to do. I have an existing project (Visual Studio 2015 using VB) and in that project, when I click on a button, I want to install some windows features/roles like .Net or WSUS.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:32 PM
  • VB is a program language to make end user applications, not a tool to enhance Operating Systems, for that are Operating system tools. 

You can do it of course in the same way as you can use a screw driver to hammer a nail. 

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:58 PM