none
Renaming application

Question

• Hi.
    I want to rename my app. I've followed the steps here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/manage-app-names#rename-an-app-that-has-already-been-published however when I build the app in Visual Studio it throws an error stating that I must use the original name.
    I also tried using the new option on VS Update 2 to create the packages with a new name, but when I do this, retrieving fetching the licensing information thorough "CurrentApp.LicenseInformation" fails with Exception from HRESULT: 0x803F6107.

I've submitted a ticket to Microsoft but the reply is that I should post it here. Any help is appreciated.

• Moved by Active Geometry Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:49 AM op already published this app
    Monday, May 9, 2016 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Oscar Olim,

Like your reply, your case more related to Publishing Windows Store apps, I will help move your case to Publishing Windows Store apps forum for better support.

Best Regards,
    Leon Guang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:51 AM
  • It seems no one knows how to rename Windows apps (and their instructions don't work). Is there any other place I can reach to ask for help about this issue?
    Monday, May 30, 2016 11:05 AM