none
Want to Volunteer at Tappisoft? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Tappisoft is a new business I created that develops open-source apps. We do not make any money, so it is more so like an idea or a club. Our main projects right now are SBRTC and I/O Extension, along with PlusPlus, PowerExtension, and GameControlers. If you are interested in helping us design, develop, etc., then we will be happy to give you a custom E-Mail (yourname@tappisoft.com). The website does not look good right now, but we are working on that. If you would like to volunteer, please email me at admin@tappisoft.com. It does not matter if you spend 10 minuets or 10 hours a day on it! Thank you!

-Noah J. Buscher "You just need a spark to start a fire."

Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:18 AM

All replies

• Very cool! I'm changing this to a discussion. So you're starting with Small Basic extensions?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:27 AM
    Owner
  • Hmm this sounds nice. But I would like to get more information first.

Do you use any licensed programs, tools and so on? (Without SmallBasic)

Which language do you use? Only SmallBasic? Or other languages like C# too?

Which kind of programmers do you search? Designers? Coder? ....

What is SBRTC? I did never hear hear this.

How good must I be to join? Do you only need profis? Or can starters join too?

Are we all liable when we join? For example, if we violate rights of clock jacks? Or is only the founder liable?

Which language will be use to communicate? I think it is English but I want be sure.

How much time must I spend? I am pupil and my exams are in March. So I must start learning soon.

What kinds of programs do you program? Games? Tools? Data banks? Or only extensions?

Do you plan to program your programs in more than one language? For example English and French?

I live in Germany and you in the USA. So how can we communicate in real time? I think this is important to work good.

I never programmed an extension. So, I think that I am not the best volunteer for the start right?

And now a more private question to Noah.

Were the icons I did around 1 1/2 months ago for this side?

I would like to get a link to your homepage. It may be not done, but I understood that there is one. :)

Greetings Timo

• Edited by Timo Sö Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:48 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:44 AM
  • I must point out that this is not a company. A company is registered with the government of a country, which has a company number. What you have is a business, as it is not registered.

Also, your site design is not the best. Dark on dark without sufficient contrast between sections, as well as just being a Google Sites default template.

• Edited by LMCSHERRY Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:56 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Very cool! I'm changing this to a discussion. So you're starting with Small Basic extensions?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Mostly, yes. :)

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Timo, this business if for volunteers. As for tools, I use VB Express 2012, but any Visual Studio would work. We are looking for website designers, exa mple program writers, document writers, support (I would just forward help emails to your account), and overall general programmers. SBRTC is Small Basic Real Time Collaboration. This is the custom Small Basic server we made to collaborate on Small Basic programs from others from across the globe. You can join if you are a master or starter, we are just looking for new volunteers! As for legal, this is more so an idea, not a business. We do not make money, or give salary. Think of it as a 'club'. We use English to talk, and we use Email and Google Talk (Using the text feature of Google Talk) to collaborate. There is no set time for the business: It does not matter if you spend 10 minuets or 10 hours in a day. We are starting with just extensions, but we can create any type of program in the future. We may create localized programs (many languages). You can join if you wish... It is just for fun and learning.

---

As for the icons, I am working with the library right now. I hope to get the website up next month. Sorry for the delay! :)

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Hmmmmm.... I only use SmallBasic. :) I tried sometimes to use VB but it do not want work. I like Small Basic much more. I am very bad in website designing (I can't use HTML). But I may be a gernaeral programmer with SB. If you want.

---

I just wondered that I did not hear anything from you about the icons. It is 1 1/2 months ago and I thought you only forgot to tell me. :)

Greetings Timo

Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Sure! I will create an email asap. Can your send your personal email to admin@tappisoft.com to get started? 

Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:54 PM
  • Done. :)

EDIT: I answered in the TechNetWiki at the "create your own extension" part.

Greetings Timo

• Edited by Timo Sö Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:16 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Done. :)

EDIT: I answered in the TechNetWiki at the "create your own extension" part.

Greetings Timo

Thanks!

Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:33 PM