Adding extra pagefooters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm just starting with SSRS and have lots of experience with Crystal Reports.

So I've been trying to convert a CR report in a SSRS Report.

The content of the report is rather simple, you got a header-record en lines-records.

I fetch the values of the header-record with expressions and the FIRST() command.

The lines-records fields are all put in the body.

Until here, it's very easy to do.

But I have several texts that are defined in the application for which visibility is determined with a parameter.

For example a thank you text, or an extra footer text (with important messages like special holiday closings)

What I want is that I can add those fields to the report footer but if they are not displayed, they should not be rendered (not even a white space)

So if they are not visible, they should not take space any white space on the report.

In Crystal Reports, I would have just added another footer section for each text and by setting the visibility of the entire section, it doesn't use up any space.

I can then add the textbox and set to autogrow. If the text contains multiple lines, all other sections beneath are pushed down.

I don't see how I can achieve this with SSRS either.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Sven Peeters

Belgium

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:34 AM

Answers

• set consume whitepaper of the report to true

this will remove any white paper in the report

Ahmed Ekdawy

• Marked as answer by Sven_Peeters Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:02 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi Sven_Peeters,

If we add a page header/footer for a report, it will display at the top/bottom of each page. Although we hide the items on the page header/footer, it will remain the blank space on the top/bottom of each page.

If we hide report items on the report body, extra white space is no longer removed by default. This may result in more pages for an existing report. To remove the white space, set the report property “ConsumeContainerWhitespace” to “true”.

Regards,
    Bin Long

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are
    TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:17 AM

All replies

• set consume whitepaper of the report to true

this will remove any white paper in the report

Ahmed Ekdawy

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi Sven_Peeters,

If we add a page header/footer for a report, it will display at the top/bottom of each page. Although we hide the items on the page header/footer, it will remain the blank space on the top/bottom of each page.

If we hide report items on the report body, extra white space is no longer removed by default. This may result in more pages for an existing report. To remove the white space, set the report property “ConsumeContainerWhitespace” to “true”.

Regards,
    Bin Long

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are
    TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi all,

Thank you for clearing this out ...

Regards,

Sven Peeters

Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:02 AM