none
Pos.net / POS hardware RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Watson,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am trying to involve some other one into this case, wait it a moment,please. Thank you for your patient.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Thanks for helping.

I know that the Ingenico line uses the Telium2 platform. I have no idea what that is, or if it is compatible with Visual Studio.

Watson

Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Thanks!

Shaleen Thapa

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:00 PM
  • POS for .NET is the programming solution to interact with POS devices - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms828083(v=WinEmbedded.10).aspx

You will need a Service Object or OPOS driver for the signature capture machine to interact with the POS for .NET.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:34 PM
  • I thought they retired pos for .net? They retired the forums.

For .net 4.0 is pos.net functiona? I think the answer is no.

It says in the link that you gave:

tp://www.nrf-arts.org/. POS for .NET is implemented for Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1.

I've read that part of the problem wast he adandoment of code signing or something in the .net 4.0 they abandoned that feature.

Watson

• Edited by Blast Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:30 AM
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Yes, the forum was retired and directed to this one. There is a way to work with .NET 4.0, but you need .NET 2.0 in the system as well.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:46 AM
  • I have both installed (2.0, 4.0) I beleive.

How do I setup to work with Pos.net?

Thanks again for your time.

Watson

• Edited by Blast Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:16 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Do you have the POS for .NET SDK installed? If you try the SDK's test application and it works, you have everything setup correctly. Most of the basic PSO for .NET details are in my eBook: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGPOS.html

There is also an KB update if you are using POSReady: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34799

The tricky part with pin pads, is the software for the pin pad needs to be created first.

-Sean

Monday, January 21, 2013 5:17 AM
  • Sean,

do you know about an update of POS for .NET 1.12 (which is now many years old)?

Support for .NET4: no
    Working without trouble with .NET4: no

Is POS for .NET dead?

Stefan

• Edited by guru66 Monday, January 21, 2013 7:46 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 7:46 AM
  • I have held out hope as long as I can. It was clear there is an issue with Surface Apps interacting with POS for .NET, which might account for the delay. It doesn't appear that there is an updating coming.  We are stuck until there is enough industry traction to convince Microsoft to do an upgrade.

I can say from book sales that POS for .NET is a very popular topic. The fact that the specific forum is gone and moved to this one is telling.

Update: After an inquiry - looks like the next release of POSReady - WE8 Industry will support POS for .NET and .NET 4.x. The KB update I mentioned above resolves the issue for .NET 4.x, but .NET 2.0 is still needed.

-Sean

Monday, January 21, 2013 6:40 PM