Access authorization RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am using the oofline application sample and I am getting rather close to what I need, but it seam like this application has athorization for height data. I need to access Blood Pressure and am able to vuew it through the Hello world and Health an fitness. How can I get authorization to access to Blood Pressure information for the offline sample.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:23 PM

Answers

• When we shipped the offline sample, we didn't want partners to develop offline apps using lots of types and then find that that sort of access wasn't something that made sense. That's why it only works on a single type right now.

Currently, you do need to request a separate application ID to be able to do what you want. The directions for doing so are on the MSDN site.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:34 PM

All replies

• The offline access sample application that comes with the SDK only has permissions to Height data. 

The security restrictions for offline apps are higher. As far as I can tell, in your case you may need to request /provision another key for it with Microsoft.

HTH

Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:25 AM
  • When we shipped the offline sample, we didn't want partners to develop offline apps using lots of types and then find that that sort of access wasn't something that made sense. That's why it only works on a single type right now.

Currently, you do need to request a separate application ID to be able to do what you want. The directions for doing so are on the MSDN site.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:34 PM