Remote Wipe Without an Exchange backend RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're developing a Win-mobile 6.5 based sollution that runs on some rugged phone and wifi enabled devices.

This system is going to be run in a closed network enviroment without any contact to the outside world (as exhange servers.). Because of that we wont either be able to connect to (or set up) an exhange server infrastructure.

Now we identified a need to remotly disable a device. Normally I would have optet for the exhange remote wipe, but in this case that door is closed.

Are there any existing (licensable) sollutions that can facilate a remote wipe function or at least remote disable funktion? Anyone can point me forward some good resource describing how to wipe contents of the phone (without any exisiting exchange server). Anything of use is of interest

We figured some basic needs if it needs to have:

* Must be hidden from user. User should not be able to disable wipe-feature by just removing a program or stopping a task/service.

* It should react on replacment of SIM-card. If a new simcard is inserted it should wipe/disable at once. (or maybe after a warning)

* Of course it should be possible to interact with it on several ways like sms, data over gprs, wlan etc.

with the term "wipe" i'm more looking for a sollution to disable the system rather than "destroy-all-evidence-and-this-message-will-self-destruct-in-5-seconds"

MCITP, MCP, VCP, AASE & Insane!
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:23 PM