none
Editing the Schedule PDP, at the Page Details Web Part, inserted wrong Project Web App URL. Now, cannot access Project Schedules. RRS feed

• Question

• I need a help. The environment, SharePoint and Project Server 2013 and SQL Server 2012, running on Windows Server 2008. Editing Details Web Part in a Schedule PDP Page, saved invalid Project Web App URL. After that, can display the Project Information and Project Details Pages from the projects accessed, and can display the Project site, too. But, when I access the Project Schedule Page, receive an error page, because of the invalid URL. The message is obvious: "There is no Web named xxxxxxx". I´ve tried to find out how to correct this, but no success, because cannot open the Project Schedule page anymore.

I would like to know if there is some way to fix it without re-installing the system. Thanks for all. If somebody need more information, have log information and page display available. 

Friday, December 26, 2014 6:59 PM

All replies

• Luis,

Have you tried this?

Navigate to the schedule PDP, in the browser address bar, append the string ?Contents=1, like thus:

https://<your PWA Address>/Project%20Detail%20Pages/Schedule.aspx?Contents=1

This will open the Webpart Maintenance page. Now, select the Details webpart, and Delete it. Once done, navigate bacjk to the webpart page, edit page, and re-add the Details Webpart to the page.

This should fix your issue.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, January 2, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Hi Luis!

if you:

1) Go 'Server Settings'->'Project Detailed Pages'

2) Choose 'Schedule' page and click 'Edit Properties' on ribbon 'FILE' tab (or use dropdown menues)

3) Click 'Open Web Part Page in maintenance view'  - Does page open ?

Vadim Gerya, PMP

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:16 AM