none
Multiple Receive Ports with same URI... Possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario: Running BT2006 R2, have a single database that holds numerous tables and stored procedures. Using the SQL Adapter, I need to be able to setup multiple Receive Port Locations to run different stored procs. I keep getting an error that I need a unique URI for each port:

"Address should be unique for Receive Location "XYZ". Addess "SQL://ABC/MyDB/" is already present for Receive Location 'ABC'."

Question: Is this possible, or am I wishing on a dream? If so, How do I need to go about accomplishing it?

Thanks a bunch,

Charles

Charles
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can modify the address for the receive location if you need to create more than one on the same database. This change will not affect the connection string used in the location.

Regards,

Alan

http://www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:52 PM
  • This works on a couple of the adapters. I think it is like this: SQL://ABC/MyDB/ExtraRandomString

You just have to ensure the URI is unique. I know on the HTTP/WCF adapters you can add stuff to the query string to make it unique.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, February 7, 2011 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can modify the address for the receive location if you need to create more than one on the same database. This change will not affect the connection string used in the location.

Regards,

Alan

http://www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:52 PM
  • This works on a couple of the adapters. I think it is like this: SQL://ABC/MyDB/ExtraRandomString

You just have to ensure the URI is unique. I know on the HTTP/WCF adapters you can add stuff to the query string to make it unique.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, February 7, 2011 10:17 PM
  • Yes this is possible

You can use connection property  InboundID. You can specify any value for this connection property. By adding the inbound ID, a connection URI becomes unique. For example:

SQL://<servername>/<dbname>/?InboundID=Invoice

SQL://<servername>/<dbname>/?InboundID=customer

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 AM